Monday, January 17, 2011

The Second of June.

The second of June. 

I don't know if it is "blue car syndrome" or not.  Blue car syndrome would be after you buy a blue car, then you notice that EVERYONE seems to have a blue car.  Before you had a blue car, though, you never paid any attention to them.
June 2.
Yesterday, I was reading in the reading room (the bathroom) "Wolves of the Calla" by Stephen King.  The line I read was this. "The second of June."  That was the complete sentence.  Then, instantly following it was a knocking on the reading room door.  Who was knocking?  My beautiful fiance with her June 2nd birthday.

dos Junio


Last night my fiance and I were hanging out in the garage and I was looking through some boxes of old stuff from when I was a kid.  I found my eighth grade diploma from St. James Lutheran School.  I looked at the date on my diploma, and it was June 2, 1988.

June 2nd.


In another box in the garage last night I found my fishing license from the last year I went to Canada fishing with my family.  This was something that my family did together for a few years, but when my brothers and sisters and I started getting older, it became more difficult to go, so as a family we were never able to go again.  The date of issue of my fishing license was June 2, 1987.

The 2nd of June.




I noted this date quite a bit in the last few months and it seems to be a date for me that is evident in my life very frequently.

June 2nd happenings with their respective years:

1692 – Bridget Bishop is the first person to go to trial in the Salem witch trials in Salem, Massachusetts. Found guilty, she is hanged on June 10.

1835 – P. T. Barnum and his circus start their first tour of the United States.

1886 – U.S. President Grover Cleveland marries Frances Folsom in the White House, becoming the only president to wed in the executive mansion.

1896 – Guglielmo Marconi applies for a patent for his newest invention: the radio.

1924 – U.S. President Calvin Coolidge signs the Indian Citizenship Act into law, granting citizenship to all Native Americans born within the territorial limits of the United States.

1980 - The birth Amanda Rae.  The love of my life. 

I will keep a watchful eye on this date.  Or, maybe I won't.  Is it all coincidence?  Probably not.

1 comment:

  1. i know that blue car syndrom :)
    i got it with a mini now everyone is driving a mini...

    everybody who is interested in more followers
    you follow me: www.samboism.blogspot.com
    and i will follow you

    ReplyDelete